“Data is the new oil. It’s valuable, but if unrefined it cannot really be used. It has to be changed into gas, plastic, chemicals, etc. to create a valuable entity that drives profitable activity; so must data be broken down, analyzed for it to have value.”
– Clive Humby, Mathematician and Principal , Starcount 
Technology has improved almost all parts of human existence over past few decades. From self-landing Mars rockets to self-driving cars, technology has fundamentally improved our quality of life.
For business users, however, carrying out day-to-day data related tasks continues to be super arduous, time consuming and error prone. Simple tasks like data cleanup, data join and visualization require too many steps and involve switching between too many tools.
Our founders started with a mission to make wide spread access to high quality data a reality. Data Scout was born out of our desire to enable business users/analysts to harness “power of data”. With easy to understand spreadsheet like interface, Data Scout was built to enable business users and data scientists to automate most common day-to-day data related tasks without writing a single line of code. With Data Scout business user can now:
- Discover New Data: Got a bunch of new / previously unseen/ unfimilar data to make sense out of. No problem , just upload it to data scout and let it do it its magic
- Automated Trend Detection
- Automated Category Detection
- Automated Column and Data Set level Metadata extraction
- Automated key statistics detection
- Join Data: Ever wondered if many pieces of data that you have actually have something in common. Well don’t’ guess let Data Scout find it out for you!
- Automated Join Key detection
- Single step join across two or more data sets
- Partial Join
- Outer, left, right and inner join options
- Transform Data
- 100s of supported functions
- Multi-column operations
- Fully nested Boolean queries with “AND”, “OR” & “NOT”
- Pivot: Spreadsheet like functionality with easy to use interface.
- Visualization: All the charts and visualizations you need to “understand” your data and share insights with others.
- Export Data: Want to use third party tools like Tableau for visualization? No problem! Discover and clean the data in Data Scout and export it directly to Tableau
- Import Data: We natively support wide array of business data sources including CRMs, Customer support tools and Web Analytics tools.
- Share insight with colleagues via shareable dashboards
- Share insights with the world by embedding charts on your website.
- Download images and include your charts in your presentations.
We believe we are on our way to democratize data access for business users. Join us in our journey. Join the “Citizen Data Scientist” movement!